Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Note to Self: “Rescue Song” is about the ambulance, not firetruck! & Crist’s – “I Be Happy”

 

Lastnight, Cristian really wanted his “Rescue Song” sang to him before he fell asleep & I assumed it was the firetruck one he was referring to. I started singing the firetruck song I made up and have sang in the past with a few changes here & there, can never remember exactly how it went, but he doesn’t seem to mind. Then he told me it was the wrong song and repeated he wanted the “Rescue Song.” I said – like Daddy sings? He said yes. Well Daddy was out of town for work, so I asked him if he could tell me how it goes, he just smiled and said - no he couldn’t. So I called Rocky thinking he’d be at the restaurant with his co-workers/clients & he could walk outside to sing to him real fast. Cristian is one I choose my battles with carefully due to his very PERSISTENT nature plus I thought it would be good for him to hear daddy’s voice before he went to sleep. When we called though, Rocky was actually in the truck with his co-workers, but sang it to Cristian over the phone anyways! Smile  It was so heartwarming and Cristian loved it. He listened so intently! R even acted happy to do it! I figured he’d say I’ll call you back when the guys aren’t around. So as soon as R was done, Crist went right to sleep!

 

On a different note, I wanted to write down this frequent saying of Cristian’s:

Happens anywhere, mainly at restaurants where there’s plenty of options for him to spot.

Cristian will say, “I be happy and I have chocolate milk.” He’ll say it with the tone, “I’ll be happy if I can have chocolate milk.” Could also insert muffins, ice cream in there. This is his funny way of asking for something. He’ll already be in a great mood though before he even asks, which is hilarious when it comes to the way he words it!

A little background info: he knows exactly how to ask for something the normal way, being: “May I watch Curious George please.”  When it involves anything loaded with sugar, he employs the above method-very interesting how he strategizes!!

 

No comments: