Caden sporadically says little things with his matter-of-fact little personality that are so funny! Most of the time he has no clue how hilarious he is. He only starts laughing after we do while having no idea why he’s even laughing! Aiming to get more of those moments written down, so he can get a kick out of them someday too! :)
Today, it was almost one of those times where you’d have to of been there to hear it to get the full effect, nonetheless he cracked me up!
I lost part of my voice yesterday then it was completely gone today. He was in his serious mood and by noon today, I guess he had, had enough! He stopped and looked up at me and said (in a serious, annoyed tone): “mommy, why do you keep whispering!?!” I wanted to laugh so hard & COULDN’T-kind of hurt actually!
Hanging out with a 4.5 yr old boy & 3.5 yr old boy has been interesting & surprising today. Honestly, I thought for sure they were going to drive me up the wall with not being able to “talk” to them. For the most part the boys behaved better with a mom with no voice. Instead of trying to ignore what I’m saying, they kept watching my lips to see what I was going to say. Kind of nice!! Feel like God is telling me something here!!
Our only mishap was right before lunch, they were riding their bikes in the garage and got into a fight. After I interrupted the fight, they tried resisting me after telling them it was lunch-time. So I got my handy little rubber spatula and walked out to the garage with it & they came charging in. I didn’t even have to wave it or do anything. Worked like a charm! ;)
Maybe everyday I need to try talking less and listening more when it comes to the boys, ummm!
No comments:
Post a Comment