Friday, June 18, 2010

What the boys are up to (Cristian 26 mths TODAY! & Caden 3 yrs)

These days the boys are just full of fun. They both are becoming more & more independent, feeding themselves (Caden staying pretty clean thru meals), putting their shoes on, putting their drinks back in the fridge, buckling their own car seat belts (Caden can do all on his own, Cristian halfway on his own-let’s hope they don’t figure out how to unlatch their carseat belts) Caden going potty, dressing himself, Cristian needs less assistance playing outside/most toys so life seems fairly easygoing in that respect. However, we are in the terrible 2s and troublesome 3s at the same time soooo we seem to be constantly correcting behaviors and making sure we stay consistent all the time.

I can easily say their favorite restaurant is any Japanese steakhouse and Red Robin comes in second. Caden loves to participate in catching the shrimp when the chef tosses them to our mouths.

When I started this draft Caden had 2 more wks of preschool before summer break. He loves preschool and misses his friends, he occasionally asks about them especially when we see school buses as he thinks they’re in there! He’ll be returning next yr although some of his favs will be Kinders. He’s done so well at learning his ABCs in recognition, sounding them somewhat and the sequence of some of them. He only sings the ABCs along with someone, won’t do it by himself but I think that’s part of his hesitancy with verbal language. We get to see so much more of his personality in his interests, curiosities, preferences, knowledge with the more he talks so it’s been fun learning this whole other aspect about him. In some ways it confirms what thought we knew and surprises us too. Very frequently, Caden approaches us now and wants to know what a word is & how to say them correctly.

Caden’s still such a sweet natured little guy and always wants to help out. He’s a great big brother and takes good care of Cristian-when he’s not picking on him! When we’re out in public, Caden really looks after Cristian. They seem to get a long better or w/ fewer episodes of quarrelling during the day recently. Some days Caden just acts more mature than his age especially when he tells Cristian he needs to stop crying or he says “no no Cristian” or one day when I was sick and got impatient with Cristian’s whining, I told Caden to ask his brother what he wanted, so Caden kneels down to get eye contact with Cristian and asks “do you want juice Tristian?” It was so sweet, plus Caden doesn’t even like juice but knows that Cristian does.

Cristian is FULL of personality and high energy! He can put on a show and make people believe he’s shy but it’s just not the case at all, I wish he’d just be himself all the time! He’s picking up the verbal language quickly, he surprises me with new 3 word sentences everyday. I’m really hoping to get Cristian in Pre-K with Mrs. Reid next yr so please pray that works out!! He has a better chance of getting in since his brother’s already in the class.

Cristian is very attached to his puppy, he sleeps with him and carries him everywhere all day long. He even insists on the puppy eating his food with him! He doesn’t always part from him when we go into restaurants or sometimes Target or Walmart-although most times he’ll let the puppy nap in the car while we go in. Before his baths everynight, he wants to sit on the potty first (he hasn’t gone yet). We’ll start potty training sometime this summer. He’s an excellent eater and is catching up to Caden very quickly which is probably why Caden really doesn’t mess with Cristian as much as he use to.

They both recognize when we get semi-close to GG & Papa’s house and will say “Go to GG’s house?” Doesn’t matter which way we’re approaching it (hwy, interstate) they know!

My Favorite Caden Phrases

“Me or Caden Tooo”  “Me, Caden go too right”

Says “Right” after stating something alot

“No train on choo choo track” – in a sad voice

“My Tummy ih (is) Full” says it like, I’m sorry I just can’t eat anymore

“I like it!”

“I go to church!”  “Caden go to school!”

 

My Favorite Cristian Phrases

“Go GG’s house”

“Puppy nappin”

“Go Bye Bye” – in an excited tone

“Choclate, Choclate, Choclate”

Both boys: “I did it, I did it” after climbing the rock wall on the swing set.

When Ady’s garage is up “I want to go to Ady’s House” Cristian’s version is “I go Ady’s house"

And of course “I do it, I do it!”

No comments: