Sunday, May 9, 2010

Catch-up #2 ~ Cristian Gets Stitches on March 11, 2010

Warning- this is a full account of what happened that night so pretty long…

That Thursday evening I was at my H2H gathering when I got a call that Cristian had tripped and hit the bookcase which resulted in a nice sized gash under his left eye. On my way home I got stuck in traffic & Rocky decided to leave class early as well. While I was stuck in traffic, I called Joni our neighbor/friend and she went over to check out his eye and help out as our babysitter was pretty shaken over the accident. Joni called me back soon after letting me know we’d be making a trip to Children’s Mercy. I called Children’s Mercy while still stuck in traffic to see what we could do in the meantime for him-pain relief, what to look out for etc. Once I got home, Cristian had calmed down from when they took the bandage off to check his eye so I decided to wait to see it as he was about to go thru even more before the evening was over. I finally saw it in the examining room when the nurses took our home bandages off and put the numbing medicine on it. I was shocked to see how deep it was, I was not expecting it to be that deep! We had to let the numbing med sit for 15 minutes although they had to come back and redo it because it started leaking underneath the tape. They bundled him like a burrito and the Dr. gave him 5 stitches. She thought I looked sick so she had me stand back for a little bit, which I wasn’t even nauseas. I was really upset over what Cristian was going through and must have come off as me looking ill instead of sad-angry-wishing this wouldn’t had happened. Anyways I finally convinced her I was fine. At first I was standing to the side of the dr. looking directly at his eye while she was stitching which was a bad place and difficult for me to comfort him, I moved to the other side where Rocky was and got by his face. This whole time he was crying of course but once I was able to get his attention away from everything going on he was calming down some, then while I was talking I mentioned getting a sucker afterwards and NO KIDDING AS SOON AS I SAID “SUCKER” HE WAS INSTANTLY QUIET. He just amazed me how still and quiet he got for the rest of the stitching, he was fine and just looking around. We got home around 1am and although he got a sugar high from the snow cone he got at CMH he went right down. Caden stayed at Joni’s house so that helped us out a lot there!!

After they applied the numbing medicine…

Cristian's Gash 

2nd application of numbing med and bandaged him up SUPER good I’d say!

Cristian's numbing meds

Morning after getting stitches. Caden was so concerned about his brother’s eye!

Morning after Cristian got stitches (23m & 3yrs) (3)

Morning after Cristian got stitches (23m & 3yrs) (9) Morning after Cristian got stitches (23m & 3yrs) (10)

 

Next 2 days after getting stitches (Didn’t like any attention to his eye)

2 days after he got stitches-doesn't like any attention on it! (3)

2 days after he got stitches-doesn't like any attention on it!

These next 3 photos are 3 days after

3 days after (2) 

3 days after (3)3 days after

These next 3 photos are 5 days after

5 days after (3)5 days after (6) 5 days after (8)

 

No comments: