Here’s an old draft I never posted for some reason!
(July 5th – write-up) Last week one morning Caden got up earlier than normal when he heard me working out in the living room. I was doing Pilates so he came and laid down on the mat beside me and joined in the crunches routine. It was hilarious because his eyes were barely open and he was telling me “I help you, I help you.”
Little Navigators
The boys have such an incredible sense of direction. I think I’ve mentioned this before. However, now they think they know better routes to get somewhere.
Today I took Cristian to his pediatrician and told him we would see daddy there. We passed the exit from the interstate we’d exit on to see Rocky at work and Cristian flagged it of course, thinking we missed the right exit to see daddy.
Last year, while Caden was in preschool, Cristian and I would take drives to learn our new town and find new routes into the metro as well. They were so peaceful, not so much anymore since I’m constantly questioned where we’re going and corrected if I don’t take the “right” route! They’re literally mini Rocky’s. I was hoping one of them would enjoy joy-riding!
Common phrases I hear in the car are: “go this way, go this way” or “go faster, go faster.”
Caden has got to have memorized every railroad track in the metro. He zeros in on them as soon as they are in sight. He’s always on the lookout for trains. Trains are very exciting! We search for them, catch them & follow them often.
Caden can fasten his own carseat belts which is a big help. Just hope he doesn’t ever learn how to unfasten them.
Caden loves to count. Practices often. He pretends his fingers are train cars or tracks and counts to 5 but then needs a little help to get to 10.
Caden’s new favorite restaurant is Fritz. He even requests to go to the “Trainburger” when we eat out.
Favorite phrases:
Cristian “Come on guys”
Today (Oct. 5th) we were driving to the Railroad Bridge as we call it, boys love to drive over it and look at the tracks and even better when trains are coming. On the way, we saw a sign with a R and Caden yells out “my R, my R.” Well of course, Cristian repeated what Caden said. Caden got irritated with him and told Cristian he has a H and the R is his, not sure where he pulled the H from. Anyways, Caden is now Caden R. at school because, there’s another Caden in his class. Whenever we see a R he gets super excited and says “my R!!” Very interesting how quickly, his teacher and paras have instilled the R in him!
No comments:
Post a Comment